One the Opera´s main feature is its customization. Each user can set it up to suit their needs. For instance, you can set a specific number of websites to add as homepage as well as choosing among several search engines. Let´s see how to add browser windows and search engines to Opera in a few steps.
One of its most interesting and original features of Opera is to set several websites as homepage. One of them is Speed Dial, a websites’ graphic menu that enables users to customize it either by adding or removing websites to the links grid.
Follow these instructions to add more websites to the grid:
1) To modify the main grid, we must modify a configuration file called speeddial.ini. The latter´s path changes according to the version of the Opera and the operative system you´re using. Use Windows search function to find it.
2) Next, close Opera and open the file speeddial.ini con with any text file -such as notepad or WordPad- and add the following lines:
3) Save the file and open Opera again, you´ll notice the change at once.
By doing this, we can modify the number of rows and columns just by modifying the numeric values set in the lines “Rows” and “Columns” in speeddial.ini.
Add search engines to Opera
Every web browser includes a default search engine. In this way, the user doesn’t´ have to enter the search engine website (ex. www.Google.com). Opera includes some of the most popular search engines, but you can still add others. Follow these instructions to add search engines.
1) Once you choose the search engine, right click inside the search box and choose the option “Create Search”.
2) Next, complete “name” and “keyword” text fields.
3) Now, click on a tab and then right click on it and choose the “customize” option.
4) Another window will now open. Choose the “Buttons” tab and once inside choose the “Search” option. The search engine you added will be listed there.
5) With the left mouse click drag the search engine outside the window and place it anywhere you where. Once you´ve followed these steps, you´ll have additional search engines on your list.
Opera is an application that can be fully customized, giving the user the possibility to adjust its options and features to the utmost. If you properly followed the above-mentioned steps, you won´t have any issues increasing websites to the grid or adding more search engines.